Men are April when they woo, December when they wed.
Men are April when they woo, December when they wed. Maids are May when they are maids, but the sky changes when they are wives.
More from my site
- For I can raise no money by vile means.
- What if I were smiling and running into your arms? Would you see then what I see now?
- Maids want nothing but husbands, and when they have them, they want everything.
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players
- If we are marked to die
- Lord, Lord, how subject we old men are to this vice of lying!
- If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men’s cottage princes’ palaces.
- Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course.
- Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
- Faith, there hath been many great men that have flattered the people who ne’er loved them.
- We are time’s subjects, and time bids be gone.
- Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.