Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
More from my site
- It is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.
- Truly, I would not hang a dog by my will, much more a man who hath any honesty in him.
- How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- Well, if Fortune be a woman, she’s a good wench for this gear.
- I shall the effect of this good lesson keeps as watchman to my heart.
- Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.
- If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men’s cottage princes’ palaces.
- And this, our life, exempt from public haunt
- Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.
- What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- I were better to be eaten to death with a rust than to be scoured to nothing with perpetual motion.