If we are marked to die
If we are marked to die, we are enough to do our country loss; and if to live, the fewer men, the greater share of honor.
More from my site
- Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
- If you prick us do we not bleed
- Cowards die many times before their deaths
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players
- Men are April when they woo, December when they wed.
- Lord, Lord, how subject we old men are to this vice of lying!
- If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men’s cottage princes’ palaces.
- Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course.
- I may neither choose who I would, nor refuse who I dislike
- Faith, there hath been many great men that have flattered the people who ne’er loved them.
- We are time’s subjects, and time bids be gone.
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.