Faith, there hath been many great men that have flattered the people who ne’er loved them.
Faith, there hath been many great men that have flattered the people who ne'er loved them.
More from my site
- A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.
- Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
- To do a great right do a little wrong.
- Be not afraid of greatness
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players
- If we are marked to die
- Lord, Lord, how subject we old men are to this vice of lying!
- Men are April when they woo, December when they wed.
- Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course.
- If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men’s cottage princes’ palaces.
- Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.
- If music be the food of love, play on.